See my interview with BMA NORCAL.
"There are three major areas where marketing can help:
- Driving the data and analytics strategy. This covers
- Collecting the right sets of data from both outside and inside the company, including third-party data;
- Integrating the data;
- Then using that data to build analytics that help drive insights that the sales team can use; and
- Helping the sales team take action on that insight—embedding the analytics within the tools sales people use, training the sales team on its use, etc.
- Building great experiences: Marketing can help the sales team in nurturing customers throughout the digital experience. This includes moving the prospect down the sales process with digital nurturing, marketing automation, etc. and providing the intelligence gathered from that effort to the sales team to help close the deal.
- Helping sales team execute the sales cycle. This includes helping the sales team do ROI analysis, build pitches and discussions with customers, and helping them architect those interactions."